Equipment Maintenance From MBM
All product solutions offered by Neopost incorporate a full 90-day warranty which includes all parts and labor to with support services rendered on-site. Neopost also features a comprehensive maintenance program designed to deliver optimal technology performance and longevity.
MBM service agreements provide you with these significant benefits:
- A full extension of the original manufacturer’s warranty including all parts and labor. A single payment covers full hardware support.
- Preventative maintenance may be scheduled at no charge to keep your system in top running condition.
- Access to technical support representatives that specialize in troubleshooting equipment problems over the phone.
- Elimination of internal delays. Equipment operators can request service without the need for management approval.
- Fail-safe cost and budget control. Our affordable agreements are designed to help businesses avoid unplanned maintenance expenses and eliminate surprise repair costs.
- Peace of mind from unlimited service coverage. If repeat repairs are needed, it costs us, not you. You pay only for your maintenance agreement. You can count on Neopost to maintain the uptime you need.
- An exclusive product performance guarantee for a period of 36 months from the date of installation or the term of your lease, whichever is greater. If Neopost is unable to repair your system to product specifications, we’ll replace it with a system of equal or greater capability.
- The Neopost service contract guarantees our customers a 4-hour maximum, on-site response time. This is more than just an objective – it’s a commitment we put it in writing on the maintenance agreement itself.
Service Agreements, as described herein, will be provided for the Products at the Delivery Location. MBM agrees to provide the parts and labor associated with the ordinary maintenance of the Products as required due to normal wear and tear ("Service Agreements"). Service Agreements do not include consumable parts and/or wearable parts as defined by manufacturer. Supplies (i.e. ink, roll tape, labels, etc.) are not included in Service Agreements. Service Agreements may also include preventative maintenance and inspections from time to time, as determined by MBM. Major Business Machines may, at its option, designate a third party to provide Service Agreements dependant on your location. MBM, in its sole discretion, may service the Products by replacing it with new, or like-new Products provided that such replacement products are substantially similar to the Products. Service Agreements will be provided during normal business hours.
WHAT ARE THE FEES AND WHEN ARE THEY DUE?
- For Purchased Products:
Customer shall commence paying for the Service Agreements on upon delivery of the Products. All fees for Service Agreements ("Service Fees") on purchased Products are invoiced annually, in advance.
- For Leased Products:
If the Products are being leased from one of our leasing companies. and the Service Fee has been included in the lease payment amount ("Leased Products"), then Service Agreements will be provided at no extra cost for the Initial Term of the lease. Customer shall commence paying for the Service Agreements on Leased Products, where Service Fees are included in the lease payment, on the date the lease commences. During any Renewal Term, Customer agrees to pay the then-current fee for Service Agreements..
All payments for Service Agreements and Additional Charges are nonrefundable. Major Business may adjust the Service Fees at the end of the Initial Maintenance Term (as defined below) and any renewal term.
WHAT IS THE TERM OF THE Service Agreements?
- For Purchased Products:
Unless otherwise specified in the Agreement, the initial term of these Service Agreements is one (1) year (the "Initial Maintenance Term"). Unless Customer provides ninety (90) days written notice to MBM prior to the end of the Initial Maintenance Term, or any renewal term), the Service Agreements shall automatically renew for an additional one (1) year term at MBM’s then-current rate for such service.
- For Leased Products:
The term of the Service Agreements for Leased Products will be equal to the term of the lease as specified in the Agreement.
HOW DO I REQUEST SERVICE?
In order to receive Service Agreements on the Products, the Customer must notify MBM of a need for service by contacting us in the manner directed by MBM. Major Business may, at its sole discretion, attempt to resolve Products performance issues over the telephone. If Major Business determines that on-site service is necessary, Major Business shall provide such on-site service in accordance with the terms set forth herein.
WHAT'S NOT COVERED BY THE MBM MAINTENANCE PROGRAM?
Service Agreements do not include:
- De-installation of the Products, or moving the Products (however these services are
available for an additional fee)
- Services provided before 8:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m. local time based on the location of the Products (however service is available outside of those hours for an additional fee)
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary by the failure of Customer maintain or use the Products in conformance with manufacturer's specifications
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary by changes in the design of the Products made by Customer or mechanical, electrical, or electronic interconnections, or the attachment of other parts or components to the Products by Customer
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary by accidents or natural disasters
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary by the negligence of Customer
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary by the unauthorized maintenance by Customer or any third party other than MBM or its authorized service representatives
- Damage or repair necessitated by relocation of the Products not conducted by MBM
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary because Customer has exceeded the published performance specifications or recommended monthly volume limits for the Products
- Maintenance or repairs made necessary by Customer's use of parts, consumables, or other supplies that do not comply with MBM's specifications
- Recovery of any customer data stored within MBM Products or the maintaining of any back-up data
- Rebuilding or major overhauls which MBM determines are necessary ("Reconditioning").
All of the foregoing are "Excluded Services." Excluded Services also include operator training beyond the initial training provided by MBM and application configuration and set-up. In the event Customer requests MBM to perform an Excluded Service, Customer shall pay MBM its then-current hourly rate for those services (including travel time), as well as MBM's then-current price for any parts required in connection with such services.
WHAT OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES DO I HAVE?
CUSTOMER'S MAINTENANCE OBLIGATIONS: Customer agrees to maintain the Products in accordance with MBM's published specifications. Except as specified and approved by MBM, Customer shall not perform, or permit third parties to perform maintenance or repair on the Products.
COPIES OF DATA: Customer is solely responsible for all data stored on the Products and making copies of all such data prior to MBM performing Service Agreements.
USE OF MBM SUPPLIES: If the Customer uses other than MBM supplies, and if such supplies are defective or unacceptable for use in MBM machines and cause abnormally frequent service calls or service problems, then MBM may, at its option, assess a surcharge or terminate the Service Agreements. In this event, the Customer may be offered service on a "Per Call" basis based upon published rates. It is not a condition of this Agreement, however, that the Customer uses only MBM authorized supplies.
ENVIRONMENT/ELECTRICAL: Customer shall provide a suitable environment for Products as specified by the manufacturer. In order to insure optimum performance by the MBM Products, it is mandatory that specific models be plugged into a dedicated line and that they comply with manufacturer electrical specifications.
COMPLETE SYSTEM COVERAGE: All MBM components (hardware and software) used in a system must be covered under Service Agreements ("Complete System Coverage"). For example, a customer may not obtain Service Agreements only for a mailing machine if it is used with a separate scale. In that case, the Customer would also need to purchase Service Agreements for the scale. If a customer refuses to obtain Complete System Coverage, MBM may terminate the Service Agreements on any Product that is otherwise covered by such Service Agreements.
ACCESS TO PRODUCTS: Customer shall allow MBM full and free access to the Products and the use of necessary data communications facilities and equipment at no charge to MBM.
PRODUCT MODIFICATIONS: Customer shall not cause modifications or interconnections to be made, or accessories, attachments, or features to be added to the Products without MBM's prior written approval.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
MBM may terminate the Service Agreements, upon written notice to Customer, if:
- Customer defaults on any payment due under this Agreement
- The Products exceed the maximum monthly or lifetime cycle counts for such Products
- The Products are modified, damaged, altered or serviced by personnel other than the MBM Authorized Personnel
- Parts, accessories, consumables, supplies, or components not meeting machine specifications are used with the Products
- Customer refuses to obtain Complete System Coverage
- Any services are necessary because Customer has done (or failed to do) something that requires the performance of an Excluded Service
- Customer decides not to proceed with any Reconditioning that is deemed necessary by MBM.
Furthermore, if the Products are being leased, this Agreement shall automatically terminate as to any Products covered by the lease on the date such lease expires or is terminated.